Troubled online fashion retailer My-Wardrobe is no longer trading.

As of last night (Wednesday 17 December), sales on the luxury retailer's ceased – with the domain name and other online assets sold to market-leading online fashion business Net-a-Porter.

A source close to the situation told Essential Retail that all outstanding orders will be fulfilled and returns processed, which is expected to take the business up until at least the end of January. The company recently opened its first bricks and mortar store in London's Bayswater, and this store will continue to operate until stock is cleared.

It is unclear what Net-a-Porter's intention is for the My-Wardrobe brand, which began a 40%-off sale of its current season items just last month in a warning sign that all was not well at the organisation.

The last few years have been a turbulent time for My-Wardrobe, with the retailer bought from administrators in a pre-pack deal by Growth Capital Acquisitions in November 2013. Co-founder Sarah Curran left the business and her husband and commercial partner Andrew Curran took over as CEO, although he also departed the company earlier this year.

Since then, investor Steven Tucker has been overseeing the business, but it would appear he sees no future for the company in its current format.

A statement on the My-Wardrobe website said: "We are sorry to inform you that My-Wardrobe.com is no longer trading.

"We thank you for your loyal custom and we are pleased to introduce you to the Net-a-Porter group – the destination for luxury fashion and style online."

The message is then followed up with links to and information about Net-a-Porter's portfolio of brands.