With over 3.5 billion internet users and the average British adult spending nearly nine hours consuming media every day, what consumers read about your company online has a huge impact on your brand perception and, ultimately, revenue. The star ratings and online reviews your business receives affect everything — from where you show up on search results pages to the size of your red dot on Google maps.
And there is ample opportunity for consumers to rate you. With connected devices multiplying at a staggering rate, the option to click on a star rating is always at consumers’ fingertips. Eight out of 10 internet users seek out opinions before making purchases, according to several European and UK web surveys.
To ensure your online reputation accurately reflects the quality of the service you provide, you must get a handle on what people are saying about you across multiple channels and websites. It’s a huge task — one that requires proven strategies.
First you need to assess your current online reputation and benchmark it with your competitors and market sector. Reputation.com provides a patented technology giving you a reputation score you can compare with ‘best-in class’ and industry average.
Without an existing Online Reputation Management (ORM) program, chances are your online reputation doesn’t match with your actual reputation and level of customer services. You need to close the gap and align online reputation with actual customer satisfaction. You can then raise the bar and operate better to ultimately boost revenue thanks to a holistic approach to ORM.
There are six pillars of effective online reputation management to get you on the right path to managing — and improving — your online reputation.
- Request and respond to reviews: It is important to monitor and respond to all online reviews — positive or negative — in a timely manner.
- Use surveys to identify and address issues: Surveys help you collect information about how customers experience your products or services.
- Help people find you with accurate business listings: With four out of five consumers using search engines such as Google to find businesses, accurate business listings are essential.
- Engage customers and prospects with social media: No business can escape the influence of social media; it’s critical to monitor social channels and actively engage.
- Leverage ORM for operational insights: Armed with information about your online reputation, you can make operational improvements across the organisation.
- Spread the word with flexible reporting: Senior management needs to see and understand important metrics about how the business is perceived online.
The right platform makes all the difference
Not all online reputation management platforms are alike. Find one that’s structured around the six pillars, and you’re off to a great start.
With over two million customers, Reputation.com is the only complete online reputation management platform. We help companies build online reputation, improve service delivery and drive financial results. We support the success of leading companies worldwide from 77 industries including retail and hospitality businesses.
Our integrated, flexible platform puts you in control of your online reputation. Visit us on stand 50 to get your free online reputation health check.
Get your free Online Reputation Health Check from stand 50 at RBTE on 8 & 9 May 2017.